Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans


Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans

Meatloaf
2 T butter
1/2 Yellow onion, finely chopped 
1 rib of celery, finely chopped
1 tsp minced garlic 
2 eggs 
1 tsp mustard 
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1-2 T Heinz 57
(I used the Heinz 57 with worcestershire sauce in it)
1 - 1 1/2 Cups bread crumbs 
1 lb ground chuck or ground turkey
1/2 lb italian sausage 
( I used 3 italian sausage links, and cut the casing off. I also used the four cheese version, but any version would work great.)
Salt and pepper 

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

2. Saute the butter, onion, celery, and garlic for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Allow to cool.

3. Mix all remaining ingredients together and add the cooked veggies.
Mix well, and transfer to meatloaf pan.

4. Cook for 45 min to 1 hour. 
In my oven I cooked for about an hour and ten to fifteen minutes. I also have a Williams-Sonoma meatloaf pan, which is the best thing I have ever seen! 



I served the meatloaf with Pioneer brown gravy mix. I used half water, and half milk in preparing the gravy. I also added 6 medium mushrooms to the gravy mix. Green beans were cooked with a little bit of a french onion soup mix until the green beans are lightly caramelized. 

I NEVER liked meatloaf as a child. I'm sorry to say that mom. I would have to add ketchup just to eat it. I got this recipe from my office manager at the dental office where I cook. I added the worcestershire sauce as a extra kick. I 100% loved this meatloaf. I can honestly said I have never liked meatloaf until now! Thank you again Laura! 

Dana Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment