4 bell peppers; any color
Wash, clean & remove the seeds and centers out.
1 chicken breast, cook and shredded
1 can green chiles
1 box Mexican rice
1 box corn; drained
1 cup shredded Colby jack Mexican cheese; divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook rice according to box directions.
3. Cut peppers in half and clean them out and remove seeds.
Or you can leave them whole, and cut the tops off, and then clean the peppers out. I have cooked them both ways, and both are good.
4. With about 5 minutes left on the rice add the chicken, drained corn, and green chiles to the rice. Also add half of the cheese.
5. Place peppers in baking dish, and then fill the peppers with the rice mixture, and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
I cut these peppers in half, and used two baking dishes. This serves four, and you can cut the recipe in half.
*below is the rice and corn I used, however you can use any variety. I used what I had, no shopping for this meal!
Toppings can include avocados, sour cream, salsa, and jalapeños.